Commercial Finance Manager - Bulk Commercial
Business Area: Finance
Place of Work: Leicester (Syston)
Contract Type: Permanent
Flogas Britain is the second largest LPG supplier in the UK and has over 30 years’ experience providing alternative
energy solutions to domestic and commercial customers. Part of DCC plc, a sales, marketing, distribution and
business support services group headquartered in Dublin, Flogas is a highly successful business that places people at
the heart of our organisation.
This role reflects the growing scale and diversity of the business. The successful applicant with be the principal contact and owner for all financial related knowledge and information related to the bulk commercial sales market, including budgeting, forecasting, pricing and margin. The role will involve improving on existing structures in place that are targeted at supporting, challenging and providing accurate financial reporting information to the sales team. The role will have particular focus around pricing support, pricing analysis, margin management and capital investment appraisals. The role represents an exciting opportunity to improve on the existing financial support structures in place and to have a significant impact on the company’s future business plans, growth performance and overall profitability.
Key responsibilities of the role will include;
Directly support the sales team in various areas of day to day activity; for example new customer agreement, re-sign reviews and asset allocations.
• Lead relevant profit improvement projects.
• Help develop, produce and review KPIs and financial information across all areas of the P&L to ensure that we are consistently improving our
• To provide analytical sales support to the business, specifically around:
o Customer and customer segment volume and realisation trends.
o Lost or declining customers.
o Loss making or low margin customers.
• To help monitor and identify trends in customer and market volumes and realisations; to use this information to coordinate appropriate actions to address issues or maximise opportunities.
• To carry out regular investment appraisals on new customer installs to ensure they meet the required returns on investment.
• To highlight underperforming areas of the business (internally or external markets) and to support sales management to ensure that appropriate performance plans are put in place.
• To support the existing budgeting and forecasting processes in respect of product revenue, margin and overheads.
• To be responsible for customer pricing accuracy and invoicing quality; either directly or indirectly through review and control (to include formula pricing amendments).
• To manage fixed customer pricing agreements and to link these in with future product supply pricing agreements.
• To undertake any other analysis/projects as required.
What do we want from you?
• Qualified accountant
• Strong understanding of ROCE, IRR and NPV analysis
• Experience of investment appraisal modelling preferred, but not essential
• Experience of operating at a commercial/management level
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Good questioning and listening skills
• Ability to work autonomously
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills
• Have excellent time management skills
• Ability to present at all levels within a business
In return, we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday pro rata, plus statutory entitlement, death in service benefit and non-contractual bonus scheme.
Please click on the following link for more information on this role: Job Description