Commercial Finance Manager - Consumer
Business Area: Finance
Place of Work: Leicester (Syston)
Contract Type: Permanent
Flogas Britain is the second largest LPG supplier in the UK and has over 30 years’ experience providing alternative
energy solutions to domestic and commercial customers. Part of DCC plc, a sales, marketing, distribution and
business support services group headquartered in Dublin, Flogas is a highly successful business that places people at
the heart of our organisation.
Key responsibilities of the role will include;
• Directly support the sales team in various areas of day-to-day activity; for example new customer agreement, re-sign reviews and asset allocations.
• Lead relevant profit improvement projects.
• Help develop, produce and review KPIs and financial information to ensure that we are consistently improving our performance.
• To provide analytical sales support to the business, specifically around:
o Customer and customer segment volume and realisation trends.
o New customer contribution.
o Lost or declining customers.
o Loss making or low margin customers.
• To help monitor and identify trends in customer and market volumes and realisations; to use this information to coordinate appropriate actions to address issues or maximise opportunities.
• To highlight underperforming areas of the business (internally or external markets) and to support sales management to ensure that appropriate performance plans are put in place.
• To support the existing budgeting and forecasting processes in respect of product revenue and margin.
• To be responsible for customer pricing accuracy and invoicing quality; either directly or indirectly through review and control (to include formula pricing amendments).
• To manage fixed customer pricing agreements and to link these in with future product supply pricing agreements.
• To undertake any other analysis/projects as required.
What do we want from you?
The role will suit either a proven commercial finance manager or a finance professional looking for their next career step. The successful applicant will ideally show the following attributes and competencies:
• A self-motivated and driven individual
• Qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
• High degree of financial literacy with commercial awareness
• Strong working knowledge of excel and preferably BI systems such as Qlik
• Ability to manage to tight timescales and prioritise effectively
• An ability to innovate, automate and optimise processes to improve efficiency
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels
In return, we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday pro rata, plus statutory entitlement and death in service.
Please click on the following link for more information on this role: Job Description