Logistics Development Manager
Business Area: Operations
Place of Work: Leicester (Syston)
Contract Type: Permanent
Flogas Britain is the second largest LPG supplier in the UK and has over 30 years’ experience providing alternative
energy solutions to domestic and commercial customers. Part of DCC plc, a sales, marketing, distribution and
business support services group headquartered in Dublin, Flogas is a highly successful business that places people at
the heart of our organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with proven experience of analysing large amounts of data and providing subsequent performance improvements, ideally for a logistics or supply chain business.
We operate in a highly cyclical business, balancing a very large and diverse customer base whilst dealing with increasing constrained domestic supply. We have made improvements in how we forecast demand and how we match operational plans to achieve consistent profitable growth and exceptional customer service such as efficiencies of deliveries, use of tank and vehicles telemetry and the implementation of a number of complimentary logistic systems. These systems require management on their uptime and continuous improvement to ensure we continue to extract maximum benefit for the company.
In addition to this, the systems handle and process large amounts of customer delivery data that can be used to achieve significant future improvements to our operations. We have identified this opportunity to improve the way we utilise this data through the use of more advanced analysis techniques. The role holder will be instrumental in developing our ability to maximise our use of this data for the benefit of our customers and the business.
The successful candidate will have;
• Experience of analysing large complex data sets and using them to improve business performance
• People management skills
• Project management experience
• Strong attention to detail. Right first time – all of the time
• Solid logistic IT systems knowledge
• Highly proficient in Excel (Required) and Access (Preferred)
You would be responsible for;
• Manage the data flows through logistics, ensuring data is accurate and available to our business to make the right decisions for our customer
• Achieve a stepped improvement in how we use our delivery data to drive major improvements to our distribution operations and ultimately our customer experience and cost per tonne delivered
• Analyse our distribution network and identify developments to improve the effectiveness of operation
• Accountable for identifying and managing the delivery of continuous improvement of the systems
• Act as subject matter expert for logistics and S&OP systems identifying trends that could improve performance
• Manage the up-time of our critical systems and the logistics elements of Codas
• Manage our customer tank telematics, ensuring a high level of up-time and cost control to maximise its benefit to Flogas, whilst managing the operating costs to budget
In return, we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday pro rata, plus statutory entitlement and death in service benefit.
Please click on the following link for more information on this role: Job Description