Business Area: Operations
Place of Work: Leeds
Contract Type: Permanent
Flogas Britain is the second largest LPG supplier in the UK and has over 30 years’ experience providing alternative
energy solutions to domestic and commercial customers. Part of DCC plc, a sales, marketing, distribution and
business support services group headquartered in Dublin, Flogas is a highly successful business that places people at
the heart of our organisation.
Due to growth in our (LNG) Liquid Natural Gas business, we are looking to expand the technical design team and recruit an Gas Engineer who has installation experience and previously worked with cryogenic gases such as Oxygen, Nitrogen, Argon. You would be responsible for supporting cryogenic tank installations and periodic maintenance on our client sites. The successful candidate will be prepared to travel nationwide and spend time away from home in the week.
• Experience of maintaining cryogenic plants
• Additional experience of LNG is highly desirable
• Experience of dealing with clients and managing contractors on site
• Experience of working with P&IDs, PFDs and site drawings
• Ability to work independently without supervision
• Proficient User of Microsoft Office
• Manual - UK Driver’s License
Your main duties would include:
• Maintain all existing LNG assets as per WSOE and company maintenance policy.
• Carry out minor plant repairs and ensure safe operation of all LNG assets.
• Manage all site activities and provide plant support for all planned and unplanned shutdowns.
• Assist Operations department with statutory inspections and routine LNG tanker maintenance.
• Maintain written log of all work/inspections carried out.
• Be available to respond to any plant breakdown.
• Participate in HAZOP and other safety studies for new plants.
• Assist team in preparing company documentation on plant maintenance.
• Spend nights away from home for few days every month, and occasionally work long hours, especially during planned maintenance.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday pro rata, plus statutory entitlement and death in service benefit.
Please click on the following link for more information on this role: Job Description